Thursday, February 18, 2010

I love our Bible study Wednesdays!

I did not realize how much I was missing being together on Wednesday mornings, or how much I need it as a part of my weekly prayer life. Thank you to Maggie and Lorraine for leading us with their HUGE hearts. I came to Bible Study yesterday with a bad headache, and so for the first part I was just listening, listening to the beautiful words and prayers that we were all sharing. I jotted down a few things that spoke to me yesterday:

- God is timeless
- God is all knowing
- acceptance rather than judgement, especially when dealing with our children!
- He will never abandon any of us. Time will heal, we need to pray and stay focused while we are waiting...TIME.
- "do not let your fear be stronger than your faith!
- the last comment that I am still thinking about is when Pat made a comment (forget exactly what is was about) but Lorraine answered with "that is exactly right" and those words just stuck with me, it was "exactly right" that we were all there yesterday praying with and for each other, that I came despite my headache. We are all "exactly right" with God, and life and where we are and what we are doing...It just hit me those words....thank you Lorraine.. I have been feeling a little down these past few weeks, and I now know that it is ok..it's "exactly right" for me..

finally, please pray for Gregory and Emilia flying in late tonight to surprise Weston for his big concert this weekend in Newark. I can see that God has good weather in store for the next few days, and I am so thankful.

prayers for a Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE OUR GROUP! Thank you all for letting me say what is on my mind and heart with no worries that people will judge me! It is so refreshing. We do not have to think the same, it is just that we all let the Holy Spirit guide our discussions and then it is beautiful. I have to say that normally when my name is used, I get a little nervous like "did I say the right thing or now what do I do or say?". Thank you Debbie for your kind words, it really makes me feel warm and fuzzy and affirmed yet humbled. Because the coolest part is that it was the Holy Spirit in that room yesterday. It was a palpable presence. We must have had so much Holy Spirit built up in us! I have so much to think about. Thank you for the "deepness" that many have inspired this week.

    Thank you for coming, thank you for sharing and thank you for all being you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, Debbie! I think you just summarized the session for us right here! Thank you!!

    I agree--I, too, had not realized how much I missed our time together until we were back in that room on Wednesday. The moment we all sat down and joined hands in our opening prayer, I felt like I could finally relax and put aside all of my tensions, all of my anxieties, get out of my 'fight or flight' stance (y'know, the one we keep up and ready to respond to the mini-crisis of the moment)...and truly rest in the arms of The Word. It's that entering into the realm of the Holy Spirit--a time we set aside to be with Him--together--in our Red Tent! Like, it's a "holy" time!! Hey, but, I guess that's the meaning of "holy" isn't it? "To be set aside for the Lord". Cool. No wonder we come out invigorated...when we purposefully "set aside" ourselves for the Lord, He will not fail us! Would that I could do this with every moment!
    I love you all!
    mags

    ReplyDelete