Wednesday, February 3, 2010

praying

I hope this is working...I have been so full of prayer...I feel that I have not been putting God first as much as I should...and the more prayer that I enter into the closer I feel to God, and feel as those I can put myself back to where I want to be. I truly believe this woman's Bible Study has put me into such a better place in my prayer life..and I want to thank Maggie and Lorraine for guiding us, through the Holy Spirit. I just wish every woman could feel what we have! Imagine how more wonderful Long Valley could be, if all of us were striving for a more prayerful life. The power of us as women is more evident to me through this study were are currently taking part it. I did not realize the plan that God had for us as women, and it so awesome...I am so happy that I am learning so much, and can share this with others.

prayers,


8 comments:

  1. You did it!! You "posted" on a blog!! yay!!
    Awesome Debbie--I am totally with you on the prayer life path. In my arrogance, I had asked God some time ago "When can I, y'know, sit and talk with You whenever, without having to work so hard, concentrate so hard, focus so hard on the praying part...?" His answer over the next few months were painfully clear. I learned that because I am a Spirit-being living in a Physical body in a physical world, I will ALWAYS need to deliberately and consciously focus upon feeding my spirit and linking my SPIRIT with and in His. If I ever allow my concentration to slip and so forget my spirit and thus, allow the frenetic and very loud presence of the physical world to overtake me through my senses...then my soul will lose its connection with my spirit, and "I" (my heart, my mind, my emotions, my decisions, etc) will be overcome and engulfed by the world around me.

    One of my teachers just recently told me: "Our God is a God of CONNECTION. Satan is a god of ISOLATION." I learned over these past months that that "God-connection" is a connection of DEEP RELATIONSHIP, of unending intimate conversation and "getting to know and love you more and more", of unshakable trust bound in ever-growing confidence and awe in the revelations He shows to me only during those times that I have settled down enough to focus fully upon His voice and His face.

    I learned that one of the easiest ways to forget that He is there is to become too busy to pray. Yes, I could talk to Him in snippets and quick bytes, but I certainly was in no state to hear His answer!! How totally lonely my path became--even when I walked along side many faithfilled sojourners.

    So yes...totally been there. Working really hard to make my way back!!

    namaste
    mags

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debbie! I find prayer so peaceful and calming, like a conversation with the Lord. I find that whenever, and sometimes how ever, you are mindfully turning yourself to God - it makes a huge difference. Linda brought up a good point the other day - we said we were going to do the rosary, take a field trip and go on a hike - let's do it. It is in the "doing it" not just thinking about it or feeling guilty that we are not doing it that moves us forward. So if we can listen to the Spirit that is telling us what we should be doing - Debbie, praying more; Me - following through with the burning bushes that placed next years study on mine and Maggie's doorstep; someone else - going out and helping the family down the street that is struggling with their faith and minister to them - - we will be moving forward. Peace, L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post Debbie! Your words have really pierced me. I walked away from the computer and all the things in the office that need to be done and went to get lunch. Your words from your post just kept jumping in my head and had me re-committing to God that I will take the quiet time that I need to talk to Him one on one - no distractions. Thank you again for your openness! Love to you all Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorraine how all of these things have come together for you...it's so magical..when you think about it..pray about it...and accept the direction you are going..we are going as a group...so awesome. Oh Happy Day.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This year's study has opened me heart and soul to open conversations with him. My prayerlife has taken new meaning. Even if I'm just walking the dogs or doing laundry or working at the Church (things that don't take much thought, I stuff envelopes etc.) and I pray, as long as i'm focused on being 100% truthful with Him and myself, the answers I,m looking for or the path I should take are clear as day. I was telling Maggie sometimes words will just pop out of my mouth and I'll answer myself and I know that it's not from my own mind but guidance from above. I also , from Maggie's story of her father's prayer book, started reading my own First Communion prayer book every night before bed. I know I'm a little immature in my journey...lol...but thinking and praying in this sort of simplistic way but really focusing on the words in each prayer and knowing what I know now about this "Greatest Story Ever told" thanks to you ladies, this book has taken on new meaning for me. I look forward to getting into bed, what messages will touch me and I sleep like a baby!

    The last time we prayed the rosary together was very intimate and uplifting because of our deep connections with one another and comforting to hear our voices together in unison. First time I ever prayed that way (other than following mother angelica on TV) and it really moved me. Let's do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too would like to pray the Rosary together...I was not there for the last time you did it..and I am feeling left out..sounds like an awesome experience. maybe we can work that into Lent somehow Maggie and Lorraine?

    prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great plan, ladies! Lorraine? I know you've been thinking about a Rosary session for a while as well! Let's go for it!
    mags

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely. I put the scriptural rosary in my bag several weeks ago to do it right after class, and it just didn't happen. I would be glad to do it again next week, and what a wonderful idea to do it during Lent! Lorraine

    ReplyDelete