I just love the timing of the Lord. How better can I say it? His timing is perfect and His efforts/words never wasted. If only I could always discern His word to me--for each moment, for each step, for every decision or question or choice I was about to make--what a calm and peace-filled life I would lead!! Not that my life would be "easy"--but definitely wrought with less anxiety and strife, and filled with more joy and confidence. After all, if I absolutely "knew" that something I was about to say or do was what the Lord was telling me to do or say, then no matter how difficult the circumstance, no matter how clamorous the opposition, no matter how illogical or odd-appearing the decision, I could act and move in the utter and complete confidence that I am covered by the Lord who loves me beyond life itself. I could know that no matter what comes of it, my situation is in His capable and all-knowing hands...even if it turns out to be not exactly as "I" had imagined! Not necessarily the promise of a life of ease, but certainly the promise of a life filled with deep joy and peace...and ALOT less fear.
Alot less fear...ah, and that comes only through Trust.
Being rudderless in an open ocean is really scary--especially if the materials we depend upon can be broken by a big enough wave. It suddenly hit me that sometimes I am so blind as to think that I can make my life's rudder out of my own self--my own understanding, my own merit, my own strength. Trusting only upon Me, Myself, and I and all that "I" can possibly learn from the world around me is akin to making me my own "god". One of my teachers used to say: "Believe me, being your own god is totally exhausting. It leaves little time for anything else....like living."
No matter how intelligent or capable I may think I am, on my own I can only go so far before I will become befuddled by the many seemingly equally "good" choices I will have to make for myself and for others who are impacted by my decisions. Without the guidance of the Lord, my life can easily become a series of "lucky" hit-or-miss adventures, filled with hurtful advances and costly set-backs; or it could be a long dreary plod along ineffectual but well-worn pathways, not because those pathways are good, but because they are "safe" from threatening what-ifs and but-it-could-happens. The pressure in either case is immense and exhausting--believe me. Been there. Never want to go back.
But, in the Lord, with His guidance, following His voice and His all-knowing love-filled lead, I can venture into places beyond my comfort zone and know that I am covered and provided for. Being in the open seas is still scary, but with the Lord as my rudder, I no longer have to be paralyzed with fear. No matter how the storm ends, I know that He has me squarely in the palm of His hand.
How totally cool is that?
No comments:
Post a Comment