I have learned over the years that faith in God and trusting God are tied together. The more I believed, the more I trusted that God loved me and would always love me. Faith is where we start. Faith then leads us to hope and trust. Jesus tell us to place your trust in God Almighty. When we rest in God's loves, we have nothing to fear. God increases our faith and faith increases our trust in God.
Philippians 4 : 6-7
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need.
Because of God's love for us, He gave us His son to die for us on the Cross. He sent the Holy Spirit to us as our counselor and spiritual compass. We don't have to go it alone. The Holy Spirit guides us, leads us into truth and protects us.
John 14:26
But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
Amen to that, Terri!! And thank you for POSTing!! YAY!! (I added your first line as the title--hope you don't mind!)
ReplyDeleteYour whole message reiterates that lesson of "remembering to remember"--leaning upon and into all what we know of, that we have experienced with, that we have learned to believe in about God, how God has revealed Himself (i.e. revealed=glorified Himself) to us through our own experiences and through that of others--SO THAT we can rest in confident trust in Him no matter what. And I think this is where our testimonies and our "exhortations to remember" really become key when we walk alongside each other. I keep thinking about that wonderful verse in Romans 10:
"For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; for “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
(and then it goes on to say):
"How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!”"
Like Mandy alluded to in one of the comments--how beautiful are the feet of those who BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!