I loved what Lorraine said about comparing trust to belief. My early morning
quiet time took me into the direction of trust and what do I place my confidence in. I discovered that
Biblically there is a list of verses of what not to place our trust in and what to place our trust in and the benefits that we reap from placing our trust in God. Although many are found in psalms , the one that was most comforting was in Sirach 33;1. If you trust the Lord, you cannot lose. No evil will ever come to a person who fears the Lord; however often danger comes the Lord will come His rescue. Looking back there have been times where the fiery arrows from satan were landing all around our family. A brother who was more spiritually established in his walk reminded me constantly, No evil weapon formed against you will prosper! It took 10 years to get through this particular trial but the Lord continually gave us glimmers of hope to see His light at the end of the tunnel. The best spiritual progress I made in my walk was during this time of darkness. Love Lela
woohooo!!! THANK YOU, Lela for the BEAUTIFUL and powerful new POST! I love that verse from Isaiah 54:16-17 that you quoted:
ReplyDelete16 “Listen carefully, I have created the smith who blows on the fire of coals
And who produces a weapon for its purpose;
And I have created the destroyer to inflict ruin.
17 “No weapon that is formed against you will succeed;
And every tongue that rises against you in judgment you will condemn.
This [peace, righteousness, security, and triumph over opposition] is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And this is their vindication from Me,” says the Lord.
Amen to that, ladies! (Amplified version)
As we talked about in class: Remember to remember...!
Keep up the posting and comments!! This is AWESOME!!