TRUST. Nice pick for our second topic ladies!
The
verse that I picked for trust:
Psalm 143:8
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I entrust my life.
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I entrust my life.
I thank God when I wake up and let Him know I am available. (and remind myself).
As I was thinking about Trust and telling myself that I trust
(then why did I fear?!), I realized that I do trust and when I fear, I forget –
I don’t doubt…. I forget. So I needed to
remember all the times that I was in a pickle and just gave it up to God and
He had the perfect solution. Remembering
became my focus.
Then I went down the path of - if I trust – who am I trusting
IN? My verse:
Matthew 16:16
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the
living God.”
(This led me to words that
describe our Triune God – Knowledge, sovereignty, patience, grace, mercy, love,
forgiving, righteous, compassion, friend, healer, shepherd, omnipotent,
infinite)
Again, time to remember.
THEN…. I saw a verse that made me hopeful…..i kept thinking about what
is said when there is hands down, full trust and giving it all to God (truly
partnering with the Holy Spirit)
Jeremiah 17:7-8
“But blessed is the one who trusts in
the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.
8 They will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.”
whose confidence is in him.
8 They will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.”
WOW! Full trust no
matter the circumstances (So now I have something to work towards - it can be difficult) God is so
good. And what does he ask of me? On to my next
wandering…
Micah 6:8
You have been told, O
mortal, what is good, and what the Lord requires of you: Only to do justice and
to love goodness, and to walk humbly with your God.
Another version RSV
Catholic Edition:
He has shown you, O man,
what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to
love kindness and to walk humbly with your God.
Okay one more!
Good News Translation:
No, the Lord has told us what is good. What he requires of us is
this: to do what is just, to show constant love, and to live in humble
fellowship with our God.
There has been a lot of thinking here for me. I have found it very difficult to put it into
words. It was great to lead for this
topic! Thank you all for your verses on Trust! They were perfect, and I love to reread them all!
No comments:
Post a Comment