Just a quick story from my Arlington Bible Study about "Trust" that I wanted to share. Yes, it's predictable and there's the part that always bothers me coz I always think hey, what about the rest of the "entourage" that got eaten?? But, nonetheless, it is sweet and short and reminds me of the story of Joseph and his brothers. Enjoy!
A King and His Friend: A Story About Trust
A King and his best friend were busy at something and the King’s finger was amputated. His best friend told him “It is good.”
The King was VERY upset and distraught this his friend would say such a thing and he imprisoned his friend in the dungeon.
The King and his entourage were out exploring and were captured by cannibals. As the cannibals surveyed their catch, they rejected the King because he wasn’t “whole food”, his finger was missing. The King was released while the rest of his entourage perished at the hands of the cannibals.
The King remembered his friend and released him from the dungeon. Upon doing so he reminded him why he imprisoned him and exclaiming that his friend was right, cutting off his finger was good, it saved his life. He apologized to his friend who said “It is good, if I had been with you I would have perished.”
It is hard to trust. It is hard to believe “It is good” when there is so much pain associated with it. And yet, “It is good”.
Interesting perspective on how we don't see the big picture.
ReplyDelete