Friday, March 1, 2019

Week ONE discussion on TRUTH

HI ladies!

Just wanted to write out the verses and a brief summary of our wonderful class session on Truth from this week.  Unfortunately, I found myself getting so caught up in the discussion that I often forgot to take notes! SO! If I missed your verse--or if you have another verse or any more thoughts to add--please write a comment, or even start a new POST and share with us! 

We talked about how the concept of Truth was so, well...huge. And that it actually took a few weeks of mulling over and even discussing with others about where to even start thinking about Truth.  We talked about how, as Fr Slawomir so beautifully counseled Lorraine, in order to even begin considering the depths and enormity of something like Truth, we should first step back and "approach it like a child"...simply, basically, in small bites and with small steps! (How beautiful is that!)

So basically, we started with not only What is MY Truth...but more importantly, WHO is my Truth? Who DO I believe in? Who (or what!) do I place my trust--my thoughts, my passions, my decisions, my joy, my LIFE--in?  and, as Lorraine found herself wanting to refine and define for herself:  If God is my Truth, then WHO is God?  and more specifically...Who IS God--to me???

I love how this led her into delving into the Names of God as He revealed Himself, slowly, surely, personally and intimately to His people (and us!!) throughout His-Story in Scripture (get it? "history"..."His story" with/for/through/in us in Scripture!)... and even more so now, in our everyday moments.  With every "trial" and every circumstance: Who is God trying to be for me that He couldn't be for me until now...through this...in this? and bringing it round to "Truth"--what is the TRUTH in this particular situation? IN which direction does my perspective lay? Am I hovering along the darkened borders of judgment and flesh-based fear, resentment, pride/arrogance, unforgiveness and condemnation...or am I standing squarely in the revealing-for-healing light of GOD's perspective and upon the confidence of GOD's reality of compassion, love, mercy and effectual power to move and heal in His Kingdom? Where AM I standing, right now??  wow...selah on that for a moment, ladies!

We talked about how knowing THE Truth for and in any given situation gives us that divine ability to walk fearlesslyconfidently, steadfastly, unshaken and, more importantly, unshakeable even in the face of great adversity and opposition.  God's perspective allows us to stand in the storms and through the storms always readying ourselves with CLEAR discernment for the opportunity to act (and not just react), to speak (or not speak), to battle (or to be ready and await God's timing--kairos time), to grow and learn and strengthen and heal.  To be able to speak AMEN--which in Hebrew means..."verily"="TRUTH"! (Think about that whenever we utter "amen" at the end of our prayers!)

What IS the voice of Truth in our heads, on our lips, in our hearts right now, ladies? 


Voice of Truth

Oh what I would do to have
The kind of faith it takes to climb out of this boat I'm in
Onto the crashing waves

To step out of my comfort zone
To the realm of the unknown where Jesus is
And He's holding out His hand

But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me
Time and time again, "Boy, you'll never win!"
"You'll never win"

But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story
And the Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
And the Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth

Oh what I would do to have
The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
With just a sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors
Shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand

But the giant's calling out my name and he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me
Time and time again, "Boy, you'll never win!"
"You'll never win"

But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story
And the Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
And the Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth

But the stone was just the right size
To put the giant on the ground
And the waves they don't seem so high
From on top of them looking down
I will soar with the wings of eagles
When I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
Singing over me

But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story
And the Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
And the Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth

Because Jesus you are the Voice of Truth
And I will listen to you
You are...
The Voice of Truth

Ok, so, here are the verses that I jot down in my journal from class.  Please look them up in your bibles--transcribe the FULL verses down with your own hands into your journals or onto your word documents in your computer (don't just cut and paste!!) Give your mind, hands and heart a chance to mull over the rhema the HolySpirit so desires to speak into your every moment and every situation through His Word! 

Here we go:
Ephesians 6:14
John 1:17
John 4:24
John 8:32
John 14:6
John 14:15-17
John 15:26-27
1 John 1:6-7
1 John 3:18
Ecclesiastes 3:1-9, then 10-11

Ok--that's it for now! I will send out instructions for our Lenten "Study" in a separate email.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider adding your thoughts on Truth to this post--add a comment or start your own new one! We have many members who can only join us by blog and eagerly await the sharing and discussion at home.

love
maggie













































No comments:

Post a Comment