Morning Musings
““Children, have you caught anything to eat?”
They answered him, “No.”
So he said to them, “Cast your net over the right side of the boat and you will find something.””
So that’s the answer! I’ve been fishing on the wrong side of the boat!
He makes it so easy, so simple.
And he calls the grown men - and one young adult as Maggie pointed out to us Wednesday - who followed him, “children.“
I feel that nurturing and protective way toward my grandbaby, my Seton Hall students – and my daughter, but with the discipline of distance and detachment that Al-anon teaches me.
So Jesus calls me - and my new sisters in the Red Tent Bible study – children.
Children.
I’m savoring that this morning.
One afternoon when I was traveling through the halls of Kessler distributing the Eucharist to patients, I heard the voice of a child gleefully calling out,
“Abba! Abba!“ I looked up and saw a four-year-old dressed in black pants, big white shirt, with two long side curls bouncing out from his yarmulke, running, full tilt head toward his dad, dressed in similar orthodox fashion, smiling at him, waiting to fetch him up in his arms for a great big embrace.
Abba is waiting for me.
Father.
A whole lot bigger than me.
I sit in a sea of endless brown boxes, eager for that loving embrace.
“Abba, father, I put my life in your hands.” Solemn Lenten chant.
Sunrise on the beach, they could barely see the figure standing there.
It was Him.
So it’s raining today, Abba’s here, in the muted light of what could be called a dreary rainy day
Abba? I’ll take that hug – and while you’re at it, wanna show me which box has the pots and pans?
26 April 2019
A lot to think about!
ReplyDeleteThank you Maryann for your reflection. It makes me pause to remember I can joyfully run into my Fathers arms. Lord help me to be your hands and feet today.
ReplyDelete