I thought more about the question , "how does Saul's experience give you hope ?".
I have been praying for a surrendering for one of my son's, for him to submit to God, ask for forgiveness of his sins and repent. To give up the old man and put on the new man. I've been praying for 3 years now, through some really tough situations with him. And I always get back to , it has to be God's timing, and not my own, and not to get ahead of God by trying to make it happen my way. And I know God will do this at the time when He knows the result will be His best. I always wonder, well how will it happen, when will it happen, what will be the thing God uses to cause my son to surrender to Him. And God showed me as a result of our session, that just like He did with Saul, He can cause a 180 degree conversion immediately if He wants to. So, I am not to worry, I am to trust that God will do this, and I'm not to worry about the timing. What seems like a delay or a period of long suffering is all part of His plan, and he wants me to TRUST. He reminds me that I've seen too much in my life to know that God is real, and I've seen Him do miraculous things. So, yes this story about Saul has shown me the goodness of Hope in my life.
The 2nd thing I stumbled on today when studying Ephesians, was Ephesians 18:18-19, in Paul's letter to the church of Ephesis, he is in effect telling them what happened to him on the road to Damascus, 18 "I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe". 1- eyes being enlightened : Saul's "spiritual eyes (eyes of your heart) were opened 2- He surrendered to God and has experienced God's fullness of His glory.
🙏
Debbie,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing your thoughts! This is so inspiring to me. It is so awesome that by your faithfulness “the eyes of your heart are being enlightened”. How beautiful! God’s timing is so amazing and yet it is hard for us to wait. Yet in the end I oftentimes can reflect how it all unfolded. And sometimes I realize had it not unfolded exactly as it did, I would not have been in the place that the “miracle” happened. Thank you for bringing this week’s lessons right into my heart with your testimony. I will keep your son in my prayers and continue to ask God to keep my spiritual eyes open to HOPE. Lorraine