Wednesday, October 13, 2010

David and Goliath

It was great to see everyone this morning. Tim Gray's comments on the DVD about David and Goliath hit me--his comment that David's 5 smooth stones represented the 5 books of the Torah and, therefore, the Word of God.

It reminded me of a short prayer that I had stashed between pages of my Bible--taken from a 2006 book by Max Lucado called Facing Your Giants. The book is about the life of David, trusting in the Lord, as well as recognizing and conquering the giants in your own life.

The prayer: "Jesus, my Savior and giant-killer, I trust you with my heart and give you my life. I ask for mercy, strength, and eternal life. Amen." It was a great help to me a couple of years ago and one I think I will return to now that we are studying the Psalms and David.

1 comment:

  1. Eileen, thanks so much for the insight. I missed my "soul spa" appointment(that's what I consider Bible study) but I was filled up with a lot of joy at Lia's pumpkin picking trip. Actually I will be helping out at her preschool several weeks this year so I will really be appreciating this "cyber red tent".
    I have found so far that studying these psalms has been quite addictive. I've actually woken up a few times at night with a few phrases going through my head (and I thought that only happened with lyrics from Sesame Street!!!:)
    Well, as long as it's not "O Lord, how many are my foes," I guess I'm ok!!!

    ReplyDelete