Wednesday, March 18, 2020


Good Morning!
I just finished watching the Maccabean revolt session online.  Not sure exactly our format for this week, but I didn’t know if people were going to start at 9:30am and watch the session online and then we “talk” about it at 10:30?  But I will start a blog question now – which will be - - 

What was your takeaway for this week?    Also – check out the couple of blog entries from Maryann and Mandy.

Lorraine

5 comments:

  1. My takeaway? God’s love and ancient words via Sirach 2, and Eisdom 3-8, everlasting compassionate love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sirach 2 was awesome! It was a very good Lenten reading. Where do i fail today in my loving God? Where am i doing what God wants of me? And Wisdom shows us God truly loves us even while we struggle to do His will. It shows the beauty of our faith community to help us love and follow God. Not as the world would have us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Started video a little late and kept getting interrupted. Tutoring has been a day by day endeavor but keeping busy with at least a couple each day. This was probably one of my favorite lessons so far and very timely too. I thought the idea of redemptive suffering that was present in the questions and video were very powerful and a new way for me to look at suffering and what it is. I don't have Sirach in my bible so was able to read online but do have Book of Wisdom and loved both. God's love really does conquer all. It's transformative. I also better understand why intercessional prayer is important

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Mandy! I really want to be able to reread Sirach and Wisdom. Hits my heart at the core. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really cool and beautiful. I read longer in Wisdom than the question required because I didn't want to put it down. I liked question 7. I thought the comparison of testing gold in the fire was amazing imagery.

      Delete